Written By: Maureen C. Gharrity Posted: June 17, 2011 at 8:45 pm
With Father’s Day right around the corner I thought it might be helpful to offer some ideas for gifts for Dads. I think we all get excited when we find the perfect gift, the one that hits home and gets put to use right away.
Even now when money is tight for so many, we want not only for our dollars to go farther but also to hit the mark. It can feel like a waste of money for a book to sit on the shelf or a tie to sit in the closet. The best gifts are those from the heart, those that show you know what your Dad likes, and those that have a personal touch.
I think about gifts I have given over the years and what were some favorites. Pictures of my kids with their Dad or something that was homemade. It is a tradition in our house for Father’s Day (and Mother’s Day) that Dad gets to choose what he wants to do for the day. Usually it is something we do together such as a bike ride, a visit to the zoo or going to the movies.
6 Top Gifts for Father’s Day to make it a Super Fun Day
1. Something homemade – whether it be a card, a t-shirt with handprints or a picture frame.
2. How about Breakfast in bed, is always a good one. It is even fun for the kids to have their own fun in the kitchen.
3. Coupons for offers to do things for dad or to help him out with some of his tasks. For things like washing his car or yard work. Other coupon ideas are for baking his favorite cookies or breakfast.
4. Time to do something together. I think this works for any age but I see it extra special for fathers’ of older kids, who are so busy with work and/or school.
5. Create the memories of doing something fun together as a family. It can be something everyone likes to do, or something new you wouldn’t try otherwise. Some ideas; a trip to the zoo, a bike ride or playing family games in the backyard.
6. Going to dinner and a movie. It’s Father’s Day so it is his turn to pick. The kids may not be happy with the choice, but it will be worth it to let Dad know you care about him.
— If you haven’t already received my FREE REPORT please visit my website to obtain your free copy of my report, “275 Things You Can Do To Create Balance and Connections.” It is full of simple, easy to do and very effective ways to help make you, your relationships and your work the best it can be. When all of the important areas of your life are well cared for and in sync, that is when our true success begins.
If you haven’t already received my FREE REPORT please visit my website to obtain your free copy of my report, “170 Ways To Create Balance, Connections AND Success” It is full of simple, easy to do and very effective ways to help make you, your relationships and your work the best it can be. When all of the important areas of your life are well cared for and in sync, that is when our true success begins.