Interview with Maureen
Please take a moment to read this before hiring Maureen.
How did you get to be an expert in Home, Family and Parenting, a mentor for families and a business coach?
In order to answer that question I need to tell you more about myself and a few pivotal times in my life.
I was a very involved stay at home mom for more than 15 years. I volunteered extensively in their classrooms, their schools, on the soccer fields and for the district school board helping out in many different ways. I read tons of books and attended many workshops to develop my own parenting skills for my own family.
It was what I experienced, saw and worked on throughout those years that had a profound influence on me. The challenges my own kids had and the things I heard about from other parents and from my own kids inspired and motivated me to act and to want to help others.
In a span of a couple years, several important events occurred that changed my life.
The part time job I had was eliminated, quite ironically because of money. I felt like I had failed. I felt pulled in many directions and never really had time to do what I wanted or be the person I wanted. I felt as though I was doing a lot for others, but nothing very well.
My oldest was nearing his senior year in high school and I knew he would soon head off to college, what I didn’t know was how hard it would be for me. The impending ‘empty nest’ was full of uncertainty.
My husband lost his job of 10 years, in the mass layoffs of 2008. It hit me unexpectedly hard. He threw himself into his new work and I felt alone, in more ways than one. It changed a lot of things, including our routine and our responsibilities for the home. We had to create a whole new way of doing things, a new agreement if you will.
I also had been having health issues, and I had looked for help in the traditional places. I went to Doctors, different kinds of doctors. I tried medication. Nothing really helped. I went through two surgeries, and was on my way to a third. And I missed out on so much. I needed to do something!!
I finally realized that if I was going to get better it was up to me. I had to take matters into my own hands. And that’s exactly what I did!
I began looking for alternatives. I read tons of books, took yoga classes regularly, did exercises, learned to meditate, attended workshops and did the emotional work. I talked to my doctor about the mind body connection and its significance in the role the mind plays in our wellness.
I worked hard. I fully recovered. I healed myself. I cured my back problems, without surgery. The second surgery I had did not require pain medication. I realized just how powerful I am and how easily I gave that power away. I learned that whatever I was experiencing I had created and therefore I could change. I began the process of finding something meaningful in my life for work, a purpose.
During this time my children were in high school and I saw the lack of support out there for the teens or the parents. I have always stepped up for my kids and advocated for them. I began to ask about all the other families. Who was going to be there to help them? There is a common perspective that as kids get older they don’t need their parents, yet that is not the case. Teens still need their parents and other adults in their life, just in a different way.
I took my background in psychology, with an emphasis on child development and applied it to my business. I have always wanted to work with children, especially teens.
I talked to trusted mentors and I decided to get my coaching certification.
I took my 18+ years of parenting experience, and I found that people were naturally coming to me for guidance and parenting and that what I had to offer was very valuable.
I took my 8+ years experience in Sales and Marketing and incorporated that into my business model as well. I learned as much about marketing and the role mindset plays in business as I could and continue to do so, from some very successful business owners. People who started from scratch and have now built their business to earn multimillions. I read books, I took a marketing bootcamp, went to major workshops and even chose a mentor and joined a Mastermind group.
The growth I experienced personally and in my business was amazing. I continue to use these systems, stay on track in my business and stay connected to those in my mastermind. I learned that I am intuitively a high idea generator and that I can help you start, organize and/or grow your business, career or whatever work you do quickly and with great results.
I combined all of these pieces and I founded my own coaching business, Finding Your Way Life Coaching to help individuals and families to grow and prosper, to take care of all of the areas of their lives,
You – Your Family – Your Business
without compromising any part. To help you create your ideal life, your ideal family and to achieve your greatest potential and success too.
Would you like to know more?
Who exactly are your clients?
My clients are super busy people who struggle to do it all and to stay connected to their kids and their spouse at the same time, while also being successful in their business or career.
It is hard to make big changes in your life, both personally and professionally, without compromising any of your priorities. So, whether you are looking to get ‘unstuck’ or make big changes, the system and the tools are the same.
I work with people from all businesses and professions such as;
Lawyers, Business Owners, Doctors, Entrepreuners and Builders.
I find it helpful to also describe my clients by detailing their situation. My clients are people who are; unemployed, previous business owners, baby boomers or those who thought they could retire at 60 or 65, those with lingering health issues, those who suffer depression, those with food allergies, those wanting to prevent create lasting relationships, even those having marital issues, those who would like to take their business to the next level. I work with parents, moms, stay at home moms and parents who work outside the home.
What if you haven’t had the same life experiences or situations as me?
While it is possible that I haven’t had the exact experiences as you, that is not a disadvantage. My clients benefit from working with me, and the system I use really does benefit anyone, regardless of their particular situation, circumstances or life experiences.
That is the beauty of coaching with me, I can customize my system to fit your particular situation and to give you personal attention.
How are you different from other coaches and professionals?
I will concentrate on where you are now and where you want to go. While we may talk a bit about the past, yet we will focus primarily on the changes you’d like to make and about moving forward. My methods are based heavily on being solution based and generating new ideas.
You decide what is best for you and choose the goals and actions steps that are right for you. I will support you and hold you accountable along the way.
I focus on the self, the family and your business or career. Most coaching programs are on work life balance, few concentrate on all three areas. I coach on things I have done or experienced myself. I have children myself, and I know what it’s like to be raising kids these days. I know firsthand just how difficult and stressful it can be especially as kids get older and enter the teen years.
The challenges and pressures that parents encounter are different from those we had as kids, and they can best be understood by having been there. There is a lot to be said for experience. I’ve done the college process, the college athletic recruitment process, and I’ve seen the student who needs help, or has issues, just to give a few examples. I have started a business, am familiar with marketing a business and the hard work it takes to succeed.
What type of personality do you work best with and what is expected of me?
The clients that I work best with are those busy go-getters that are stuck or frustrated with their current situation. They know they want to make changes and need support in getting there and making them happen.
It is important to be committed to our working together, therefore you will be expected to show up for our calls and to take action consistently and to stay on track. No excuses anymore, just a different way of looking at things and full support while you move forward.
Who might you NOT work best with?
Some people just do not want to be coached, they just want to vent and then stay where they are, they are not going to be my ideal client. Also, the person who does not want to do the occasional assignment is not the best fit. That’s OK because “the right teacher show up at the right time,” so when you are ready, call me and we can get started.
What process or system will you use and what results can I expect from working with you?
Making big changes and moving forward into your ideal life requires balance and holding on to those relationships that are most important to you. It seems that once all of those things are taken care of, success is a lot easier to go after and achieve.
There are three parts that we will focus on during our work together: You, Your Family and Your Business (or Career or work). Taking care of all of the areas of your life can be challenging and it is critical to your success and your well being in general to do so. And it can be done!! We’ll look at all three of these areas, see what your struggles are and what solutions would be best for you. Then, we’ll take serious action…
Here’s what we’ll do…
1. Make you a priority –Taking excellent care of yourself is as important to you as it is to your family, for many reasons. We’ll start by making You a priority and show you how to put You back at the top of your priority list without compromising any of your other priorities or responsibilities. In fact, we’ll make it easier for you to attend to all of them.
2. Know your priorities – Managing your priorities is as important as managing your time. You’ll get really clear on what your priorities are, how to fit them in to your routine and how to keep them there. We’ll help you to make the most of the time you do have, increase your focus and help you take control of your days.
3. Build Structure into Your Schedule. Having structure and routine make it easier to get where you want to be. The problem is that you need to create it, stick to it and not have to do it again and again. We’ll show you how to do that, including any products we use. This will help you simplify the way you do things, at home and at the office, reduce stress, save you time and be more productive.
4. Increase Your Wellness – Mind, Body and Soul. We all need to be well in order to care for and help others; otherwise we end up depleted and burnt out. When we feel good we do more, have more energy, and then attract more abundance into our lives. Your mindset plays a huge role in your beliefs and therefore in your success, in every part of your life. You’ll learn the power of positive thinking, how to turn complaints into solutions and how to be more positive with yourself, others and your own expectations. You’ll get tools you can use to stop the negative cycle and calm feelings of guilt. Body -we’ll talk about nutrition, allergies, exercise and listening to our bodies. Spirit -doing what you love can make a huge difference in your life and we’ll make sure to include that here. You’ll uncover or rediscover your creative abilities, your passions, your unique abilities and even your purpose. We’ll help you to maintain these elements, the balance and sense of self, throughout the years.
5. Create Connections With Family. It is so important to create lasting connections with our family, both spouse and children especially as your family grows and then as the children eventually disconnect and head out on their own. We’ll look at how stress and technology often get in your way and how to control it so it doesn’t control you.
6. Spend Quality Time, Choosing Quality Activities. Spending quality time alone, with your child and with your partner/spouse is ideal. Too often we spend our time running around or trying to get things done that we don’t always get to spend as much time with our family (or friends) as we’d like. I’ll show you how to maintain your sense of self in your family and why it is so important. We’ll talk about what this means for individuals, couples, parents and kids, with a special focus on teens. It will help reduce the fighting, improve communication and the relationships with family members. Choose Quality Activities. We will include the benefits of quality activities with your spouse and with your family, even if you do not have children. Activities that suit the strengths and interests of each family member are critical for a child’s development.
7. Improve Communication. It is important to foster great communication from the start, and to continue doing so because it will help every aspect of your relationships. We’ll talk about the ‘The Three A’s’ required in great communication and how to integrate them. We’ll teach you ways to really listen so others will talk to you, how to help your family members to feel heard, and to have that for yourself. We’ll also talk about ways to avoid conflict and the importance of having a united front with your spouse.
8. Clearly Define Household Responsibilities. It is a lot easier to get others to help when they are clear on what their responsibilities and expectations are. You do not have to do it all, everyone can chip in and work together, saving you time, energy and a lot of frustration. I’ll share ways to get more cooperation, with less arguing and struggle. As well as, help to create that team environment by creating a new family agreement which makes things less disruptive, relieves tension and even marital stress. Saving time and avoiding conflicts from coming up because it’s all decided in advance and only once.
9. Get Organized and Increase Efficiency. Talk about a way to save time, and create more time for other things. This is about simplifying your life, decluttering your home and even your office. For instance, we’ll set things up so it is easier to find things and for family members to do more for themselves. We’ll help you get organized once and for all.
10. Develop strategies to grow your business. Whatever form your business or career happens to be, you’re going to get a boost for it. A big one!! Whether you want a new career, or to give your current one a boost; whether you have a business currently or you want to start one; or perhaps your work is the manager of your family, we’re going to make it more successful. We’ll start with where you are at right now, where you’d like to be in your business. We’ll look at what your struggles are and find ways to resolve them. You’ll get help with putting an end to procrastination, perfection paralysis and start taking serious action!!
11. Map out your goals for the future both short term and long term. We’ll apply all the strategies we’ve been using so far to your business to help you determine where you’d like to take it. We’ll add systems where possible and automate what we can and we’ll help you to delegate more and get greater results.
12. Craft a Plan for Success in Your Business, Career or Work. Save the best for last!! We’ll get down to the details and brainstorming here of where you want to be in your business, career or work, and how you’re going to get there and beyond. We’ll look at what’s working for you right now and what needs to be adjusted. We’ll touch on social media and passive income. For a career, we’ll look specifically at the important factors such as what you want to do, where you want to be and for whom you want to be working with. All of these tips and tools and ideas will work for you if your home is your workplace or if you are looking to get back in to work.
Please note: I will provide feedback, accountability and congratulations along the way. I find that my clients accomplish more, in less time when they have someone supporting them. I will also point out important patterns, resistance or limiting beliefs that I feel may be helpful. Some of my unique abilities are to brainstorm ideas for promoting your business, problem solving and reaching your goals, taking your successes to the next level and to hold a belief that the possibilities are limitless.
What results can I expect?
Some of the results you can expect are:
- More time for yourself and family.
- More direction and a greater purpose.
- To become very clear on your priorities.
- To align your choices with your priorities.
- Get your home to run more efficiently.
- Get more cooperation from family members
- Get more organized.
- Improved relationships.
- Improve your wellness on a whole – mind, body and soul.
- Improve communication in your relationships.
- More comfort.
- Stronger connections with your family.
- Move past your limiting beliefs to accomplish more and move forward.
- Be held accountable for your decisions and goals.
- Receive specific tools you can use for you, your home, work and family.
- Create and implement systems so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel or do it all.
- Feel more in control of your life and creating the life you want.
- To have a better marriage.
- To have a better mood. To have help with your depression.
- Support for your family including your children especially when you need it most.
- Help with teen issues such as behavior, academic, social and well being
Does this really work?
Yes! It does really work. Through our work together you will see that over time and with commitment you can achieve change, and the life you want most.
Check out our Testimonials page to see the results that some of our clients have achieved.
Can I contact some of your former clients to see what it’s like to work with you?
Yes you may. First read the testimonials listed on my website, they should give you a good idea of the results my clients get from working with me. Click here
How quickly can I expect results?
This depends on how committed you are to the process and how much you put in to it. Most of my clients get results after the first session, and continue to do so throughout our work together.
How can I guarantee myself that I will get results?
- Show up to each call prepared and ready to go.
- Be open and honest with me and with yourself.
- Do what you agree to do, I will do the same.
- Understand change takes time
- Stick with it, even if it becomes challenging.
Maureen, based on everything I’ve read and heard about you, I know you’re the one I want to work with. What programs do you offer?
Congratulations on making the decision to invest in yourself! I am so happy to have the opportunity to work with you.
I offer a variety of individual and group coaching programs and packages that have been very successful and rewarding for my clients. Below is an overview of the primary programs that I offer, please contact me for further information.
The ELITE Program
The Elite Program is for the very busy person who needs help caring for all the areas of their life; self, family, business/career. They want to make big changes in their life and their business without letting it take over. They have big goals to accomplish, in a short period of time and they know they need the benefit of regular consistent help with effective tools, resources, fresh ideas, new perspectives, support and the accountability necessary to stay on track.
This person is hard working, yet sometimes struggles to stay focused, complete projects and stop procrastinating. They want to eliminate excuses and are motivated to do the work outside of our calls together. They see the value of a regular commitment to work through things that come up – issues, blocks, fears, obstacles.
They may need help navigating your way through the challenges and transitions that come up in their life and their family. They may be looking to change careers, or rediscover their interests, or they just need help with direction and getting back on their feet. Their family relationships are starting to suffer and they are feeling disconnected and isolated from them. This person is noticing that some family members are struggling with their own issues and need support.
The FAST TRACK Program
The Fast Track program is for the person who knows where they want to go and what they want to do they just need some support in getting there. They need everything in the Elite program; the brainstorming, working together and planning just not as intensely or as quickly. They are high achievers who have big goals to accomplish quickly and want to grow their business.
They need the flexibility to work with their schedule and other obligations, therefore may not have the ability to commit to a weekly call. They are good about following through and taking the actions agreed upon together, yet need an accountability partner and all the resources you need to stay on track, setting you up for real success. They may also need time to process and implement the changes, new behaviors and tools developed together.
They’ve tried what they can on their own with some success, and now they are looking for a boost and sustainability. They need help with sticking with it and overcoming obstacles that come up.
The Basic Program
The Basic program is for those people who need a little help in keeping the systems and changes in place until they become permanent. They have successfully implemented the steps and actions agreed upon and are content and confident in where they are at they just need help staying on track. We will do any fine tuning necessary to maintain the changes and tools put in place in order to sustain the improvements made thus far. It includes the same tools, tips and materials and resources needed to continue reaching their goals and overcome any obstacles that come up. I will continue to hold you accountable until you are ready to do so on your own.
The best client for this program is independent, doesn’t need to speak as often and will work well on their own. Their busy schedule makes time an issue so they need the flexibility to set their own schedule.
This is also for the person whose life is going basically well, there are just a couple areas where they could use some help or they have specific issues they want to focus on.
This is good for those people who are budget conscious or just want to try a program to see how it works for them. This program works well for that and they can upgrade at any time.
OK, I know which program I want. How do we get started?
The first step is to schedule a free get acquainted session by contacting me at Maureen@Findingyourwaycoach.com or calling 614 – 402 – 4779. If you would rather you can just fill out the form on the contact us page of this website.
I am so excited to be working with you. Please contact me and we will be happy to answer any questions yo might have. I can’t wait to meet you and get started on your journey to great balance and stronger connections and the greatest success possible for you.
If I’m not sure I’m ready to get started, how can I sample your work at low cost to see if it’s the right solutions for me?
There are a couple of ways: You can call for your free get acquainted session that I mentioned above. You can sign up for my free Ezine, ‘Balance and Connections ‘ it includes valuable tips and ideas that you can use right away for you, your home and your family. Subscribe at the top of the page.
OK, I’m ready to do this for myself, but I have a couple of additional questions. Can I call you?
Yes, of course. I am so glad you’re ready to make that investment in yourself, you are so worth it. Just email me at Maureen@Findingyourwaycoach.com or call us directly at 614 – 402 – 4779.